Advantages and Disadvantages:
• A magnetic Flow Meters provides an unobstructed flow path, with negligible pressure drop due to its pipe
• The typical accuracy for a magnetic Flow Meters is + 0.5 % of full scale. This is among the best of the various pipe Flow Meters.
• The effect of fluid viscosity on flow through a magnetic Flow Meters is essentially the same as for flow through the pipe itself.
• The magnetic Flow Meters can be used for pipe flow measurement of either clean or dirty liquids, including wastewater, corrosive liquids, or slurries.
Disadvantages of Meter:
• The magnetic Flow Meters is used primarily for liquids. It doesn't work well for measurement of gas, solvents, alcohol etc. flow rate.
• In order to use a magnetic Flow Meters for measurement of a liquid's flow rate, liquid must be conductive.
Electromagnetic Flow Meters can be used for precise flow measurement of all electrically conductive liquids such as slurries, sewage, milk, water and wastewater.
Electromagnetic Flow Meters has many applications across many industries
• Chemical measurement, Water/waste water Treatment
• Effluent Treatment
• Building Automation & plant automation
• Pulp, paper, Food & Beverage
• Advanced Metering Infrastructure
• Meter Data Management
• Automated meter reading
• Drinking water
• Flow measurement
• Public utility
• Utility sub meter
• Water conservation